Sunday, April 7, 2013

Baby Shower Gift - Framed Traditional Layout

I had the pleasure of creating a Baby Shower Gift for my cousin to give to her friends who are expecting a sweet little girl!  The name is still a secret, so I had to theme the layout without putting the baby's name (which I generally like to do as it really personalizes the gift).  I only had one restriction...not to use tooooo much pink :)  The family chose purple and green as their nursery theme, so I created my design around those colors as much as I could.

I think it turned out beautifully!

The Full Layout

The Details




Once the layout was created, my cousin chose to hang it on a Creative Memories Everyday Display in White.  Though the Display she used has since been retired, the Creative Memories company luckily still has a different styled version of the Display available for purchase.  What's great about the Everyday Display is that it's magnetic, which allows you to switch out your layouts, pictures, etc. easily and as often as you like!

Here's a photo of the layout shown in the Everyday Display!


I love the sweet garden-charm of the layout, and hopefully the mother-to-be will love it as well!


Products Used:
Creative Memories:
  • Solid Cardstock "Espresso"
  • Vintage Chic Power Palette Embossed Cardstock
  • Delight Power Palette Title Stickers (discontinued)
Prima Marketing, Inc.:
  • Floweres and Leaves
  • Crystal Embellishment
Recollections:
  • Kraft Photo Corners
  • Crystal Embellishment
  • White Foam Letters
  • Flower
  • Beige Lace
Graphic 45: Secret Garden Collection CardstockLittle Yellow Bicycle: Stick Pins
My Mind's Eye-Lost & Found: Madison Avenue "Happily Ever After" Brads
Colorbox: Dark Brown Chalking Ink
Tea for Two: Cardstock
Paper Studio-Spare Parts: Paper Flowers
Gartner: Mini White Glitter Clothespins
Miscellaneous:
  • White Lace
  • Wood-patterned Cardstock

Tools Used:
Creative Memories:
  • Shape Maker System with 2-inch Circle Cartridge
  • 7-inch Personal Trimmer
  • 12-inch Rotary Trimmer with Straight Blade
  • Border Maker System with Fence and Scallop Cartridges
  • Foam Squares
  • Tape Runner
Scotch: Advanced Tape Runner
Beacon: 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this blog is really instructive. I would like to know more about this.


    Fabri-Tac
    Dazzle-Tac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! Thank you for your interest in the blog. Was there a particular project you were looking for more instruction on?

    ReplyDelete