Monday, February 17, 2014

Tim Holtz Experiment

I've known of Tim Holtz products for years.  His stuff is so unique compared to a lot of items in the scrapbooking market because the items are "grunge", "distressed"and "vintage" inspired (all things which I love).  Though I've had some of his ink pads for years, even with those I never realized how versatile and unique they are.  I became recently re-inspired by his products due to the heavily publicized CHA 2014 convention in January, many videos of which were released via youtube and popular scrapbooking websites.  I found myself watching his "how-to" videos and being wow-ed by his product line and amazing projects which resulted.  Needless to say, I went on a heavy shopping spree to stock up on some of his items - old and new.  As I'm typing this it sounds as if I'm a personal promoter for his line lol.  I guess I was just so excited to see all of the new ways I could use the products that I already owned and how some of his new products would enhance my current scrapbooking skills.

After the little shopping spree, I went up to my craft room (aka science lab) and took out all of his products to experiment with.  I started with a tag...and I LOVED how it came out!  It looks vintage and colorful and fun and didn't take very long to make at all!  Below is the before and after of my very first "experiment".  Following this tag's creation, I decided to create gift tags in mini-themes to sell on my Etsy website as well!  Love Love Love! 



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag!!! I am waiting for the stencils of his to make their way to Savannah, but it looks like I'll have to order them online. My daughter and I Love his stamps, too! Hope you're having a wonderfully creative day! Love the science lab reference! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deanna! I know exactly what you mean...it's so hard to wait when you want the products (RIGHT NOW) to create new projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, same as you I have had his ink pads for YEARS now. Might just have to start playing around with them now....mmmm....

    ReplyDelete